paranoia on PowerPC

Hi,

In analyzing the output of paranoia, Eric Norum
and I have noticed that when compiled at
default optimization levels, the results
are reported to have a flaw.  When compiled
with no optimization, paranoia reports no flaws.

I tried this with RTEMS running on psim using
gcc 4.2.1.  RTEMS uses newlib.

Eric duplicated the problem on a PowerPC Mac
using gcc 4.0.1.

We believe this indicates an issue introduced
by gcc optimization.

Given the age of paranoia (the version included
with RTEMS is from Cygnus circa 1993), does this
sound familiar or is this a new issue?

--joel