This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc for Intel 8086 family
- From: Daniel Verkamp <daniel dot verkamp at gmail dot com>
- To: Indu Bhagat <bhagat dot indu at gmail dot com>
- Cc: hpa at zytor dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:03:23 -0500
- Subject: Re: gcc for Intel 8086 family
- References: <email@example.com>
Indu Bhagat wrote:
> I need to study 16-bit binaries (Intel based architecture) for
> research purposes.I will appreciate if someone could let me know some
> details of the project on "Porting GCC to Intel 16-bit architecture".
> 1) Support level : few words on the unsupported stuff and basic
> assumptions that the source code must satisfy.
> 2) Public Use : Has some version been released for public use?
> Digging through the archives, I found some links which I presume do
> not reflect the updated information
> http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/16bit/gcc/ .Any information on the same
> would be of great help.
I've been working on updating this backend to work in the current GCC
tree; it's not working yet, but I'd appreciate any comments on the
current changes I've made, which can be browsed via gitweb at
I've also heard that someone else is working on a backend for i8086, but
I couldn't find any references to this in the mailing list archives.
-- Daniel Verkamp