Re: RFH: GPLv3

> > For that matter, I doubt the FSF would answer either.
>
> But this is simpler; the FSF publishes the releases, so anyone can
> compare what they got with what the FSF published, and then ask the
> distributor "do you hold the copyright for these differences?"

But many companies won't even let their technical people LOOK at software
until the licensing is clear, so that's often not practical.

> Why would you trust Microsoft, that won't even let you
> see the code, and won't idemnify you, but you wouldn't trust a Free
> Software vendor, who will let you see the code, and might even be
> willing to idemnify you?

Seeing the code doesn't make you sure that you know what it's IP status
is, unfortunately.  I thought Microsoft did indemnify, but I just looked
at current EULA's and they don't anymore.  So that's a good quesion!