Re: RFH: GPLv3

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

The discussion started 18 months ago, and you were welcome to
participate all the way back then.  Why bring up these issues only
now?

You seem to miss the point:

It isn't whether I have issues with the GPLv3; I don't, for the
most part.

The question is whether corporations will adopt the GPLv3 without
review by their legal departments, and how long that review will
take, and what the consequences of this is.

My opinion, which I've said before, is that the great majority
of corporations will not accept the GPLv3 without legal review
and that this will take many months.

The concern which I raised is not about the GPLv3.  It is in the
policy decisions which FSF makes about applying patches to source
which was previously released under GPLv2.  This is not something
which the FSF disclosed in the past.

--
Michael Eager	 eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077