Re: RFC: GIMPLE tuples. Design and implementation proposal

On 7/10/07, Rob1weld@aol.com <Rob1weld@aol.com> wrote:
>In a message dated 7/9/2007 2:37:03 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dberlin@dberlin.org writes:
>On 7/9/07, Rob1weld@aol.com  <Rob1weld@aol.com> wrote:
>> >In a message dated 7/7/2007  4:04:01 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time, Rob1weld
>>  writes:
>> >This page  http://deputy.cs.berkeley.edu/ has a  link to this document
>> http://hal.cs.berkeley.edu/cil/
>>  >which describes a means to obtain  three-address code here
>>  http://hal.cs.berkeley.edu/cil/ext.html#toc24 .
>>
>>  >>2007/7/08, Diego Novillo <_dnovillo@redhat.com_
>>  >>processing?  It's not clear from your message what the   advantages
would
>>  >>different).
>>

>You haven't explained what advantages CIL's IR has over  GIMPLE.
I thought it was well explained on page:
_http://hal.cs.berkeley.edu/cil/cil001.html_ (http://hal.cs.berkeley.edu/cil/cil001.html)

No, since as i said, their IR is the same as GIMPLE.

It is your project to write the way you want. You "RFC letter" said "Thoughts/comments on the proposal?". My reply is that this page:_http://www.cs.nyu.edu/leunga/www/MLRISC/Doc/html/mlrisc-ir.html_ (http://www.cs.nyu.edu/leunga/www/MLRISC/Doc/html/mlrisc-ir.html) and this site: _http://www.cs.nyu.edu/leunga/www/MLRISC/Doc/html/INTRO.html_ (http://www.cs.nyu.edu/leunga/www/MLRISC/Doc/html/INTRO.html) provide a better explanation of IR issues.
Okay, let me ask a different question.
What makes you believe we aren't aware of these projects?
MLRISC has been around for *years* as has CIL.
In fact, I reported bugs against CIL.

We are quite aware of what all of them do, we just do not see the
advantages, and you have not given any explicit enumeration of them.