Re: no_new_pseudos

On Jul  9, 2007, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:

> Or tell us how you think my patch should be changed.

#define no_new_pseudos (reload_in_progress || reload_completed)

if you want to reword it into a functional macro without a negative,
then it would take modifying back-ends as well.  If so, I guess
s,no_new_pseudos,can_gen_reg_rtx (),g or can_gen_new_pseudos() would
do.

> I think regalloc_started_p is pretty unambiguous.

I agree.  But the implementation does not match the name, and the name
doesn't match the question the back-ends need answered.

> If it mattered, we would make it true after local-alloc starts.  At
> the moment it doesn't matter.

But then, if it mattered for some reason unrelated with the ability to
create pseudos, would we have to change all uses in back-ends, or live
with the additional restriction the change would amount to?