Re: no_new_pseudos

On 7/9/07, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> wrote:

It's true that, before your patch, one couldn't create new pseudos
after flow analysis, and after your patch, one can create them all the
way until reload.  'no_new_pseudos' would still mean the same: it's
true if it's too late to create new pseudos, and false otherwise.

I am going to argue that it was a bug that we did not allow new pseudos after flow had ran. And that we should have always allowed pseudos before the register allocator. Since flow was so broken, we could not, we added the hack no_new_pseudos get around that problem. Now we are saying it is a nice abstraction but I am saying this abstraction should never have happened in the first place. We now have a better compiler due to the removal of the hack.

-- Pinski