Re: Q: middle-end problem when variadic builtins promote float to double

On 7/8/07, Kaveh R. GHAZI <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu> wrote:
On Sun, 8 Jul 2007, Richard Guenther wrote:

> So type-generic is supposed to apply to scalar floating point types
> only?

So far, yes.

I don't see anything that requires or prohibits changing that for the
initial implementation.  If later a GCC developer wants to change it to
not promote e.g. char, that could be a refinement.  I don't think any of
the type-generic builtins allows non-floats anyway, so it would have no
effect to have it or not at this point.

Ok.

> Btw. you need to add documentation for this function attribute.

The internal "no vops" builtin isn't documented AFAICT, I was just
following that example.  We don't want to confuse users into thinking they
can use it IMHO.  What do you suggest?

Ah, I didn't notice that it had a space in its name. I guess not documenting it is ok then.

Richard.