This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: Enabling DFP/libbid on dditional target (mingw32)
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Danny Smith <dannysmith at clear dot net dot nz>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu. org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 09:44:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFC: Enabling DFP/libbid on dditional target (mingw32)
- References: <000001c7bfaa$a65b1100$1c4861cb@THOMAS>
- Reply-to: janis187 at us dot ibm dot com
On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 20:50 +1200, Danny Smith wrote:
> On i686-pc-mingw32 I can build a libbid-enabled libgcc by adding
> --enable-decimal-float=bid to configure and
> setting ENABLE_DFP=1 in environment when running make bootstrap.
> Can somebody please advise of further test harness(es) for libbid? Or
> am I missing a more fundamental reason for the limited range of targets
> supporting DFP?
The compiler backend needs to know how to handle decimal floating
point modes: what kind of registers are used for them, how to pass
arguments and return function results, and more. That, in turn,
requires additions to the target's ABI.