Re: read source input file

dodegy <dodegy@upb.de> writes:

> I have a little question. I need to know where in the gcc source the
> functions for reading input source files are. I want to substitute this to
> use a fix string instead reading file.

Look at libcpp/files.c.

> Also the output must be written to a
> string.

That would be more difficult.  The output is written in many different
places.  Probably the only way to do with without a lot of hackery
would be to somehow invent a FILE which wrote to a string.  Note that
gcc's output is just assembler code which is normally passed to the
assembler; what would you expect to do with that?

> Is it possible to compile a fix source string without a file system?

It's not possible with the sources as they stand, but it is probably
possible to do it without an excessive amount of work.

Ian