Re: use of %n in genmodes.c causes trouble on Vista

I think a sprintf followed by a strlen and printf is _guarenteed_ to be much
more portable than printf's return value. The overhead of the strlen is
minimal.

Maybe portable, but how do you choose the length of the buffer to pass to sprintf! Ironic: we'd be trading a mostly-bogus security issue for a buffer overflow problem.

snprintf (from libiberty) ?

we should maybe check the maximum length of identifiers anyway ?

This thing is really trivial security wise anyway.

Aaron