Re: Git repository with full GCC history

Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
On Thu, 2007-05-31 21:34:33 -0400, Bernardo Innocenti <bernie@codewiz.org> wrote:
I've set up a Git mirror of the entire GCC history on
server space kindly provided by David Woodhouse.

You can clone it with:

git-clone git://git.infradead.org/gcc.git

How often will it be synced with upstream SVN?

I've setup a cron job every hour, but I can increase the frequency if needed. git-svn is not a cpu/bandwidth hog.

While you're at it,
would David mind to also place a binutils, glibc and glibc-ports GIT
repo next to it?  That way, there would be a nice single point of GIT
repos for the whole toolchain.

For this, I'd prefer waiting for David's answer. David, my guess is that all of these combined should be smaller than GCC alone. There should be fewer users, too.

Thanks for the work, I'll just clone it right now :)

Be our guest, and let me know if you find a way to repack the repo to a smaller size.

Not that I care that much... 800MB is small enough for
today's bandwidth.

--
  // Bernardo Innocenti
\X/  http://www.codewiz.org/