This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: libffi & powerpc


> I've compiled again my cross toolchain with the "--with-float=soft"
> option, hoping that it would emulate FPU instruction, but this
> unfortunately doesn't help... I'm nevertheless not sure that this
> option is the right one...

If your entire toolchain is compiled with --with-float=soft, then you
should use the same options when compiling your code.
>

I thought that fpu emulation worked by trapping cpu exceptions when a fpu instruction is being executed and then emulating this instruction on software level.

Isn't the mechanism implemented by the "--with-float=soft" option ?

Patrick


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]