This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Compiling without the use of static registers in IA-64


All-
I was wondering if anyone knew how I could modify gcc to not use static
general purpose registers on an IA-64 machine?  Specifically, I only want
the compiler to allocate registers from the register stack engine (RSE)
and the system defined registers (e.g., stack pointer, global pointer,
etc).  I do not want to allocate general purpose registers 2-11 or 14-31. 
Any ideas?

 Thanks,
  Chad Rosier

ps. please reply to my email address as well as the mailing list as I'm
not currently subscribing to the list.  :(  Thanks!


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]