This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Some thoughts and quetsions about the data flow infrastracture


Steven Bosscher wrote:

On 2/13/07, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov@redhat.com> wrote:

> Why is it unacceptable for it to mature further on mainline like
>Tree-SSA?
>
>
Two releases one after another to avoid. No one real experiment to try
to rewrite an RTL optimization to figure out how def-use chain will work.


Vlad, this FUD-spreading is beginning to annoy me. Please get your
view of the facts in order.
There *are* passes rewritten in the new framework to figure out how
this will work. In fact, some of those passes existed even before the
rest of the backend was converted to the new dataflow scheme. Existing
on trunk even now: fwprop, see, web, loop-iv. New on the branch: at
least auto-inc-dec.


Sorry for that. May be I missed something. I should be more prepared to start this discussion. I'll look what is going on with more attention. I only know that web was originally written on DF so the comparison (i mean speed, resources) is not possible.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]