This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Disable auto-generation of strncpy on ppc?


--- Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> I don't actually understand the question.  gcc is compiling the
> function as you wrote it.  What do you want it to do differently?

  This has been resolved today by:

http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=30785

  I was adding code to test a pointer to zero in this function and
 there was never influence in the assembler of the function, I though
 there was some trick to auto-insert the library function.

 I am sorry to not have recognise that there was no loops in:
strncpy:
        stwu 1,-32(1)
        stw 31,28(1)
        mr 31,1
        stw 3,8(31)
        stw 4,12(31)
        stw 5,16(31)
        lwz 0,8(31)
        mr 3,0
        lwz 11,0(1)
        lwz 31,-4(11)
        mr 1,11
        blr
 so this is the unoptimised "do nothing" function with 3 parameters.

 Sorry again,
 Etienne.


	

	
		
___________________________________________________________________________ 
Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions ! 
Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses 
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]