Re: meaning of typedef ...and something more

"Laura Tardivo" <lauratardivo@dc.exa.unrc.edu.ar> writes:

> Hi, my question is about the meanig of qualifiers in combination with
> typedefs. For example:
>
> typedef int function1();
> typedef int function2();
> typedef function1 transition1;
> typedef function2 transition2;
> int Def_Fun( volatile transition1);
> int Def_Fun( volatile transition2 const);
>
> SpecÃfically, between functionX and transitionX, and before functionX we can
> add pointer, volatile and const, but what are the meanings of this
> cualifiers in that places.
> Someone can help us?. Thanks!

Please do not post to both the gcc-help and gcc mailing lists.  A
question like this is only appropriate for gcc-help.

Actually, it's not really even appropriate for gcc-help, since the
question is not about gcc.  This is a question about the C language.

I would try to answer your question, but unfortunately I don't
understand it.  Since this only has to do with C, not with gcc, I
recommend comp.lang.c, which you can reach at, e.g.:
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/topics

Ian