Re: Miscompilation of remainder expressions

cltq
addl %edx, %eax
xorl %eax, %edx

But the register allocations constraints are pretty heavy considering that idivl already puts strain on the RA.

Paolo, what does the cltq instruction do? I cannot find it in my x86 reference manuals...

Uhm, I meant cltd and it is the same as "cdq" in the intel syntax.

cltq is an x86-64 instruction and it is the same as "cdqe" in the intel syntax.

Paolo