Re: Cheatsheet for building gcc

Hello,

> >Is there a way how to do it without reconfiguring gcc?
>
> No.  Do you think it would be best to have --enable-stage1-languages=all
> in non-release branches?  The time taken to compile the stage1
> (nonoptimized) non-C front-ends is small, and the advantage seems
> significant.

if you configure with  --enable-stage1-languages=all,

1) will all the libraries be built three times during bootstrap, or just
   once?
2) is it still possible to just build the stage1 compiler without the
   libraries?

> >>make restrap (which will also start a bootstrap)
> >
> >Would it be possible to add a possibility to just clean up the things,
> >without restarting the bootstrap (i.e., to move everything to the
> >state I would have after "make stage1-bubble" if I started from the
> >scratch)?
>
> Actually, I was wrong as "make restrap" will also delete the runtime.
> The closest things to what you want are:
> - "make distclean-stage2"; however it will leave there all the target
> libraries if they have already been compiled, not only the runtime.
> - "make distclean-stage2 clean-target"; which will remove also the runtime.

thanks, the "make distclean-stage2 clean-target" actually is exactly
what I need (although I specified something different :-)

Zdenek