Re: Do we need assemble_external_libcall?

"H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:

> process_pending_assemble_externals will be called at the end,
> which calls assemble_external_real on all external symbols.
> Do we still need TARGET_ASM_EXTERNAL_LIBCALL? Why can't
> assemble_external_real handle it?

Look at, e.g., mcore_external_libcall in mcore.c, and at
ASM_OUTPUT_EXTERNAL_LIBCALL in i386/cygming.h.  You need to handle
cases like those somehow.  I agree that we could rework the way that
TARGET_ASM_EXTERNAL_LIBCALL works today, but no matter what you still
need some way to refer to an external libcall.

Ian