Re: compile time enforcement of exception specification

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 12:16:32AM -0500, Andrew Pinski wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > Will g++ ever add a compile time enforcement of the exception
> > specification like the Java compiler does?
> >
> > I find the exception specification almost useless with out this
> > functionality.
>
> The C++ standard  ( 15.4/10) is very specific that the implemantion should not
> reject code just because of exception specification and calling other
> functions.

Do you have a link to the standard some where?

Will g++ not implement compile time enforcement until a standard says
it's OK to do so? This feature is obviously an improvement over doing
nothing. Wouldn't an option to g++ be only helpful here?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi