Making gcc read from the standard input

Hello,

Is there a way I can make GCC read a C or C++ code from the standard input instead of from a file?

In my application software, I am generating some C code on the fly, writing it to a file, then using GCC to compile it. Instead of that, I want to invoke GCC through a pipe, and write the C code directly into GCC, instead of writing it into a file and then calling GCC.

Is this possible?

Regards,
Tathagato Rai Dastidar
Prinicipal Software Engineer,