Re: Build snapshots according to a more regular schedule

Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.COM> writes:

| On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 07:26:27AM -0800, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
| > David Edelsohn <dje@watson.ibm.com> writes:
| >
| > > 	Are 4.0 snapshots still necessary?  I suspect they should be
| > > discontinued.
| >
| > 4.0 still seems to be regarded as an active branch.
| >
| > I don't mind closing it, myself.  Does anybody think we should have a
| > 4.0.4 release?
|
| I'd like to see it closed.  We have some bugs that are only open because
| they are targeted for 4.0.4 (fixed on all branches but 4_0).
|
| If Gaby's interested in doing one final release first, I'm fine with that.
| But I'd like to see it go away.

Almost everybody has switched to 4.1+, but I've heard that sony people
might still be using 4.0.x based compiler.
On the other hand, there has a substantial number of bug-fix patches
that  were applied to 4_0-branch, so it seems to me that it would be a
good thing to make a final release.

I'm currently traveling and will not be back to "stable" working
place before end of next week.  Consequently, a 4.0.4 release will
be at the end of this month, preceded by a pre-release around 15th of
January.  After that, I agree with everybody that we should retire
4.0.x.

-- Gaby