This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
mpfr issues when Installing gcc 3.4 on fedora core
- From: "drizzle drizzle" <drizzle76 at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 20:11:35 -0500
- Subject: mpfr issues when Installing gcc 3.4 on fedora core
I have tried everything any page might say on this, still
stuck. Any help would be great
I am trying to install 3.4 on my AMD turion 64 machine with fedora
core. But run into messages like this on gmake. Configure is fine
libbackend.a(builtins.o): In function `fold_builtin_cbrt':
../.././gcc/builtins.c:7175: undefined reference to `mpfr_cbrt'
libbackend.a(builtins.o): In function `fold_builtin_exponent':
../.././gcc/builtins.c:8183: undefined reference to `mpfr_exp10'
libbackend.a(builtins.o): In function `fold_builtin_1':
../.././gcc/builtins.c:9400: undefined reference to `mpfr_erf'
../.././gcc/builtins.c:9406: undefined reference to `mpfr_erfc'
Installed mpfr and gmp and verified mpfr.h and gmp.h exist in
/usr/local/include and libmpfr.a , libgmp.so etc exists in
I have tried the following things
1../configure --with-mpfr=/usr/local/lib --with-gmp=/usr/local
2. ./configure --with-mpfr-build=<source director of mpfr>
--with-gmp-build=<source directory of gmp>
3. --with-mpfr-lib, --with-mpfr-include,
4. Update LD_LIBRARY_PATH to also include /usr/local/
I just want a working gcc 3.4 and I really dont care for this
precision library. Any sugesstions on how to get it to work ...