Re: how to load a cfg from a file by tree-ssa

Rob Quill wrote:
On 24/11/06, Paolo Bonzini <paolo.bonzini@lu.unisi.ch> wrote:
Rob Quill wrote:
> I haven't looked into this yet, but as I think I may need to be able
> to do something similar, is it possible to parse the cfg file that is
> given out, and build a C structure like that?

It seems to me that the answer had been already given in the message you
fully quoted: we cannot help you.

I don't wish to labour the point, but what I am trying to understand
is whether it is impossible or just impractical.

It is neither impossible, nor impractical. Rather, it is irrelevant as for as GCC is concerned: it is not within the scope of a compiler to read back the CFG that (it prints them out to aid debugging), and this is why GCC does not provide APIs to do so.

All you have to do, is understand the output format (either by looking at tree-cfg.c or by "reverse engineering" it yourself), and write a corresponding parser. The C structs you will use may be based on those in GCC (see basic-block.h) but probably will not because these will bring many other details on the GCC intermediate representation.

Paolo