Re: GIMPLE issues and status of gimple-tuples

Hi there

i have setup gcc-4.1.1 and friends :)

It seems that the dumps (with -fdump-tree-all) are really low-GIMPLE (good!),
e.g. t03 and t18. And it is unstructured three-address-code.

I have only one question for now: it looks like that in if-then-else statements,
one of the two branch targets is ALWAYS a fall-through. Is this guaranteed to
hold for all cases? If yes, that's fine!

A minor objection (and only on the dump format and not the intrinsics) is that
global symbols (i.e. global variables that would map to a global symbol table)
are not noted explicitly. I'll modify my version for listing the global symbols
before the function list.

BTW Sebastian, it seems that the tree-data-ref.{c,h} infrastructure has been
developed for array dependencies in loops. I'll go deeper if there is something
that is actually bookkeeping scalar variables dependencies (e.g. SSA variables
in basic blocks) as well. The tree-dh.{c,h} files are what is closer to that
than anything else.

Kind regards
Nikolaos Kavvadias