Re: fdump-tree explanation

2006/10/26, Diego Novillo <dnovillo@redhat.com>:
Dino Puller wrote on 10/26/06 10:11:

> How many times gcc simplify expressions like: x/x, 0*x, 1*y, a+0,
> x*x/x and so on

You are probably looking at folding then.  An initial idea might be to
put some code in fold-const.c:fold that compares the input tree
expression with the output, if they are different, increment your counter.

The idea is a bit complex. Anyway the fold function has no one only
return so i can't compare input tree with output one, and it's called
from a lot of others functions of others files. Ian said to create a
counter and increment it every time a role is triggered, it's seems
better but it's not easy to find the right place to add my counter
into a function of 3230 lines!
Even if i find the right places to put my code, how can i output
collected infos?

tnx,
  Dino