Re: Re: LOOP_HEADER tree code?

On 10/25/06, Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> wrote:
it definitely is not the only way, and seeing the reaction of people,
I probably won't use it.  The main reason for considering to use
the tree node for me was the possibility to make the number of iterations
of the loop as its operand, so that I would not need to worry about
keeping it alive through dce, copy/constant propagation, etc. (without
a statement carrying it in IL, I do not see a solution that would not
be just asking for introducing bugs and getting broken accidentally).

I wouldn't give up so fast. If there are convincing technical reasons for this kind of tree node, then your idea should be seriously considered. Many people thought ASSERT_EXPRs were a really bad idea too, when they were invented...

Gr.
Steven