Xlib problems, only with GCC 4.1.0

Hi,

I have a simple GUI application written with wxWidgetsGTK-2.6.
Well, in practise there's one secondary thread that periodically updates
a text control object:
in terms of gtk api, it calls a gtk_text_buffer_insert, which, of
course, doesn't request for an immediate repaint of the screen,
but post an event for the main thread, the only one that really manages
sreen update.
Well, my program works correctly if compiled, for example, with
gcc-3.3.5 (on SuSe and Debian) or gcc-3.4.3 (on Ubuntu). If compiled
with gcc-4.1.0
(on the latest SuSe 10.1 release) (exactly the same code) the program
crashes when calls the gtk_text_buffer_insert, with the error Xlib:
unexpected asynch reply, which I know was
a problem of old versions of Xlib with multithreading. Well, any idea,
any knew optizimation features of gcc-4.1.0 that may cause a thing like
that??
Of couse I recompile everithing with the gcc-4.1.0, also wxWidgets
Please, help me if you can,

thank you very much

MARCO GUBERNATI

MARCO GUBERNATI