Re: Including GMP/MPFR in GCC repository?

Kaveh R. GHAZI wrote:
On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Mark Mitchell wrote:

Kaveh R. GHAZI wrote:
Has there been any thought to including GMP/MPFR in the GCC repository
like we do for zlib and intl?
I do not think we should be including more such packages in the GCC
repository.  It's complicated from an FSF perspective and it bloats our
software.  GCC is a complicated piece of software, and to build it you
need a lot of stuff installed on your system.  I think we should just
accept that. :-)

So when I start using MPFR from the middle-end for PR 29335, it's okay to force everyone building GCC to get MPFR? (I.e. not just the people who want to build fortran.)

It is my opinion (as a GCC developer, not as a representative of the FSF/SC) that, yes, that is fine. I think most other people that responded agreed. (I do think that we should make sure that MPFR works on all of the popular host platforms, of course.)

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery