Re: Including GMP/MPFR in GCC repository?

No. I am not volunteering to maintain zlib.  If you reread the
first 7 words, you'll note that I'm suggesting that zlib and
intl should be removed.  Why shouldn't these libraries be treated
the same as gmp and mpfr?

... and infoZIP, which is now required to build libjava.

Interestingly, other GNU projects (including bison) are no longer distributing intl. So, I think I agree that zlib and libintl should not be distributed.

One point in favor of distributing gmp is that (according to its maintainers) it's an incredible stress test for GCC, and a lot of .0 GCC versions are known to miscompile it.

Paolo