Re: Explicit field layout

Duncan Sands wrote:

I am writing a new GCC front end. One of the features provided by my language (CIL) is explicit field layout and size for records.
I don't know if any other languaje supported by GCC provides this feature. If that's the case, please point me to it so that I can see how to do it.

Ada provides this. See for example section 13.5 of the reference manual
(http://www.adaic.com/standards/index.html).

Thanks, this is precisely what I need. Ada seems to provide the same features (actually, a superset of what CIL provides).

Best regards,
Ricardo.