Re: GCC 4.3 Platform List

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 08:43:53PM +0100, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> I take David's point about mips{,el}-linux-gnu being another alternative.
> I suppose mipsisa64-elf has the advantage of being a simulator target
> than anyone can test.

I'm not familiar with the kind of testing you guys usualy do on simulators -
however since this is the second time it's mentionned I should say that
mipsel binaries run just fine in the gxemul simulator.

I've recently done a whole debian etch installation that way -
see http://zoy.org/~walken/gxemul-etch/HOWTO.html for the instructions.

Hope it helps. If you can point me to a page describing what you mean about
simulator testing I'd be interested too :)

Cheers,

--
Michel "Walken" Lespinasse
"Bill Gates is a monocle and a Persian cat away from being the villain