This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: First cut on outputing gimple for LTO using DWARF3. Discussion invited!!!!
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: zadeck at naturalbridge dot com (Kenneth Zadeck), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org (GCC Mailing List)
- Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:10:50 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: First cut on outputing gimple for LTO using DWARF3. Discussion invited!!!!
> KZ> + case TRUTH_NOT_EXPR:
> KZ> + case VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR:
> KZ> +#if STUPID_TYPE_SYSTEM
> KZ> + output_type_ref (ob, TREE_TYPE (expr));
> KZ> +#endif
> I think VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR needs to be treated like NOP_EXPR and
> CONVERT_EXPR in the STUPID_TYPE_SYSTEM case. VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR is a
> type-casting expression.
No it is not, it is more complex than a just a simple type-casting
expression, it is a cast which does nothing to the bits at all. It acts
more like a reference than a cast as it is also can be used on the left
hand side. I am working on a patch to have GCC use VCE more.
> You could write a more compact form by emitting explicit "fake nop"
> nodes where needed, and then strip those when reading. I think this
> would avoid tweaking the optimizer bugs, as the reloaded trees would
> be identical.
Actually it would be better just to fix the problem in the first place
as mentioned before.