This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: First cut on outputing gimple for LTO using DWARF3. Discussion invited!!!!
- From: Chris Lattner <clattner at apple dot com>
- To: Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:45:07 -0700
- Subject: Re: First cut on outputing gimple for LTO using DWARF3. Discussion invited!!!!
- References: <44F2F642.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Aug 28, 2006, at 6:57 AM, Kenneth Zadeck wrote:
This posting is a progress report of my task of encoding and decoding
the GIMPLE stream into LTO. Included in this posting is a patch that
encodes functions and dumps the result to files.
Interesting email. One question: how big are the files you're
generating? For example, how much space does it take to store the
body of a function with 100 add operations in it (before gzip'ing
it)? What is the size proportional to? # instructions, # basic
blocks, what else?