This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Darwin -m64 results
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: Fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, fxcoudert at gmail dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gkeating at apple dot com
- Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:53:03 -0700
- Subject: Re: Darwin -m64 results
- References: <20060823235731.DFE1311000B@bromo.msbb.uc.edu>
On Aug 23, 2006, at 4:57 PM, Jack Howarth wrote:
...which is quite nice since it is the same number of failures as
with -m32 with three additional unexpected passes.
Excellent. Nice to hear.
What I found was that I could set a breakpoint at assign.f90:1 but
when I tried to run the program the break point wasn't honored.
Type start at gdb, gdb will give you control; but that's a gdb
Do I need Xcode 2.4 for a 64-bit saavy gdb
You left ppc64 out of that question, no, not for ppc64.
or do I need to build from the gdb cvs to have usable breakpoints in
fortran code on 64-bit Darwin?
I can't predict where the bug is, so I cannot predict what would fix
it. I'd first assume the compiler is buggy, and then try and prove
that it isn't.