dejagnu: timeout?

I just noticed a slight change in behaviour... on my system, I have
edited dejagnu's remote.exp such that it defaults its timeout to 1800
instead of 300. However, on gcc trunk, I see that, for example, in the
libstdc++ testsuite log, the timeout is set to 600, while in, e.g.,
gcc's log file, its 1800, as I expect.

Now, is there some change that  has been made to gcc trunk lately,
meaning the last year, that have this effect?

Any suggestions on how I could get gcc trunk testsuite to once again
use dejagnu timeout to 1800?

--
Cheers,

/ChJ