This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 'xxx' may be used uninitialized in this function
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: drow at false dot org (Daniel Jacobowitz)
- Cc: bkorb at gnu dot org (Bruce Korb), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 12:10:19 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: 'xxx' may be used uninitialized in this function
> There's more to it than that, unless your compiler is very broken.
> GCC should not warn for "int x; foo (&x);".
Or inlining happened and foo got inlined and really there is a path
which could leave x uninitialized.