Re: sorry, unimplemented: 64-bit mode not compiled in - ?!

On Jul 28, 2006, at 2:44 AM, Jan Hubicka wrote:

Interesting, the major reason for disabling -m64 by default for 32bit
compilers was the fact that it enforces HOST_WIDE_INT to be 64bit
slowing down the whole compiler considerably. Are Debian's folks happy
to wait longer for compilation or has this overhead changed?

Has anyone really done recent benchmarking of this claim because I think I filed the majority of the problems with HOST_WIDEST_FAST_INT. Though there might be other places which should use HOST_WIDEST_FAST_INT.

-- Pinski