Re: [boehms-gc] Performance results

On Jul 24, 2006, at 1:45 AM, Laurynas Biveinis wrote:

4) I have configured Linux compilers with "--disable-checking". I was
quite surprised to see that GGC times have disappeared from the "-Q
-ftime-report -fmem-report" output. Is this expected by design
behaviour? What minimum configure options will cause GGC time to
reappear?

Yes that is expected, because the default gc params with checking on are all the same across all targets and independent of the amount of memory in your machine. Now with checking turned off, you get the GC params based on your machine, how much memory is in it.

-- Pinski