This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: g77 problem for octave
- From: "Steven Bosscher" <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: tprince at myrealbox dot com
- Cc: tyapici at ae dot metu dot edu dot tr, gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gnu dot org, "Michael Matz" <matz at suse dot de>
- Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:38:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: g77 problem for octave
- References: <200607161819.k6GIJj111901@ae.metu.edu.tr> <44BAA05F.email@example.com>
On 7/16/06, Tim Prince <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On my computer, the installed version of gcc is 4.1.0-25 and i could not
> find any compatible version of g77 to install. For the installation of
> octave, i need exactly gcc-g77 not gcc-fortran.
If you are so interested in using g77 rather than gfortran, it should be
easy enough to grab gcc-3.4.x sources and build g77. One would wonder
why you dislike gfortran so much.
I don't think he dislikes gfortran so much, he just needs _that_
specific version of the package to install octave, I guess.
That would be a SuSE packaging problem, so I'm CC:'ing matz.