Re: building glibc-2.4 for alpha fails with "macro requires $at register while noat in effect"

Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> writes:

> On Saturday 15 July 2006 05:12, Falk Hueffner wrote:
>> The cheap fix is to have gcc not emit .arch ev4. I was planning on
>> testing and submitting the following patch for this, but gcc didn't
>> bootstrap for a few days...
>
> that'd work for default/ev4 targets (no -mcpu or -mcpu=ev4), but poor old
> ev5's would still be broken :)

Oh, right. Those two lines should also go.

Which would still leave broken the case of -mcpu=ev56, when you use
ev6 instructions. Fixing that would take some more effort, either
dropping the ".arch" mechanism and passing as options from gcc, or
fiddling with binutils to have command line arguments override
".arch".

--
	Falk