Re: RFD: language hooks in GIMPLE / lang_flag?

> In RTL, sure.  In GIMPLE, I don't think so, as if you do that you lose
> the type information about the result.  But, I'm not a GIMPLE expert;
> maybe there's some magic way of handling this.

The type of the "result" is always the type of the LHS.  Nothing would
be changing that.  And if you take the address of something, the type
of the ADDR_EXPR is the pointer type.  So I don't understand what you
mean here.  The alias set comes from the INDIRECT_REF or decl, not any
other node.