Re: gcc visibility used by moz

On Jul 14, 2006, at 4:03 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
What that concretely means is that it alienates, for example, codes
based on Factory desigbn pattern using typeinfo objects.

I'd love some input from the MS VC++ programming crowd on this issue. I don't see how they get past this issue. I've had some claim, but it's a feature, not a bug.

The basic question is, are two unrelated types in different dlls the same, just because they have the same name? How do you prevent them from being the same?