Re: GCC 4.2 Status Report (2006-06-16)

Mark Mitchell wrote:

I'm not sure the number above is in and of itself terribly meaningful,
in part because Volker has been filing many
ICE-on-invalid-after-error-message PRs against the C++ front end.  These
don't really even show up for users in releases, due to the "confused by
earlier errors" trick, so, although I've been marking these as P2, that
might actually be an overly high priority.  It offends my sensibilities
that we crash in these cases, but it's hard to argue there's a lot of
impact on users.

No, I think it's a mistake to prioritize these before bugs that actually affect users. I'd knock them down to P4.

Jason