This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Information about .debug and .line section in elf files
- From: Oliver Eichler <oliver dot eichler at dspsolutions dot de>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:04:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: Information about .debug and .line section in elf files
- References: <44A2294B.email@example.com> <44A2AC61.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: oliver dot eichler at dspsolutions dot de
Michael Eager wrote:
> Oliver Eichler wrote:
>> as the subjects states I try to find information about the .debug and
>> .line section in elf files. My elf files are build with gcc for ARC. The
>> elf man page is quite sparse about these sections. Can anyone give me a
>> hint where to find more information? Or where to look within the gcc
>> source for stucture definitions.
> These sections contain DWARF debugging information.
Ahhh, that's where the DWARF stuff goes. You are right it's DWARF 1.1
coded. Always thought DWARF is an own file format :).
> You can find documentation about DWARF at dwarf.freestandards.org.
Ingenieure Kellermann, Voigt, Hoepfl, Eichler und Weidner, Partnerschaft
DSP Solutions http://www.dspsolutions.de