Re: Information about .debug and .line section in elf files

Michael Eager wrote:
> Oliver Eichler wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> as the subjects states I try to find information about the .debug and
>> .line section in elf files. My elf files are build with gcc for ARC. The
>>  elf man page is quite sparse about these sections. Can anyone give me a
>> hint where to find more information? Or where to look within the gcc
>> source for stucture definitions.
>
> These sections contain DWARF debugging information.

Ahhh, that's where the DWARF stuff goes. You are right it's DWARF 1.1
coded. Always thought DWARF is an own file format :).

Thanks

Oliver

--
Ingenieure Kellermann, Voigt, Hoepfl, Eichler und Weidner, Partnerschaft

DSP Solutions                                 http://www.dspsolutions.de