Re: RFC: __cxa_atexit for mingw32

Brian Dessent wrote:

>> is a good thing: replace an ISO standard-conformant and perfectly
>> adequate  atexit function already supplied by OS vendor with a new
>> version, perhaps with some licensing strings attached.

As a MinGW user, I would prefer not to see __cxa_atexit added to MinGW.
 I really want MinGW to provide the ability to link to MSVCRT: nothing
more, nothing less.  Cygwin is an excellent solution if I want a more
UNIX-like environment.  I think it would be better to adopt G++ to use
whatever method Microsoft uses to handle static destructions.
Ultimately, I would like to see G++ support the Microsoft C++ ABI --
unless we can convince Microsoft to support the cross-platform C++ ABI. :-)

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery