Re: Source code of CIL back-end

Joe Buck wrote:
On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 11:49:45AM +0200, Roberto COSTA wrote:
By the way, is there any news about the status of the CIL issue?
I'm sorry to bother the list readers about this, but whom could I directly ask?

Sorry for the delay in answering, Robert. I was out of town, and apparently people thought I'd post the answer on this one, since I brought up the topic for SC discussion.

The SC discussed it with Richard Stallman, and he agrees that it is not
"dangerous" (the FSF had raised objections to byte-code systems in the
past, so many of us assumed there would be a problem).  So there is no
political/legal objection to including a CIL back end.  If it passes
technical review, it can be included.

Hello,

Thanks for the answer, this is great news!

We have to start working on the paperwork. Could anybody point us at the relevant forms for the copyright assignment?

My understanding is that the next step is the creation of a development branch. Is it dependent on the paperwork, or can it be done in parallel?

Thanks,

--
Erven.