Re: why are we not using const?

On 27/06/06, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
Well, const functions are nonstandard, and gcc itself is written in
Standard C so they can't be used.  But As for const args, I can't see
any good reason not to use them, and there are 400 uses in gcc.

I meant const arguments, sorry for the confusion. What about: 'const' applied to trees, for example:

void foo(const tree type, const tree expr)

Perhaps there is some drawback there?