This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Why does __float80 depend on -mmmx/-msse?
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>, gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 21:14:54 -0700
- Subject: Re: Why does __float80 depend on -mmmx/-msse?
- References: <20060626203136.GA10840@lucon.org> <email@example.com>
On Jun 26, 2006, at 2:09 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
As far as I can see, it doesn't.
Which HJL should have also quoted.
On the other hand, as far as I can
see, __float80 is undocumented and unused for the i386. Why does it
Jan added it with __float128 also:
2003-10-30 Jan Hubicka <firstname.lastname@example.org>
(ix86_init_mmx_sse_builtins): Add __float80, __float128.
I think it was added for x86_64 ABI support which defines them